Monday 6 October 2014

#ThisBookShop (Gullivers Bookshop Wimborne Dorset)

I want to write about my fave book shop were I live in Wimborne Dorset no its not Waterstones or any commercial book shop but a small family run book shop called Gulliver's I shop in there sometimes if I can't find the book I want any were else I can find it in Gulliver's I went in there recently and brought Lola and the boy next door by Stephanie Perkins and a book for my friends birthday I went up to the counter and the staff are so lovely that I feel confident in having a conversation with them. Going into Gulliver's is like going in to a different time you don't feel like you are in the real world its small so you can find your way around easily its cosy and I find myself spending what seems like forever in there when you come out of the store it does feel like you have come out of a different time. My favorite part of this book shop is the bargain box I love picking up a bargain I really do the book shop also host some fantastic events and they have a Facebook page too were I can keep up to date sometimes you can get signed copies and they host world book night events too. The atmosphere is great and if you can not find a book you want then you can order in. I like to walk past the shop window as they have awesome displays I recommend this book shop to anyone old or young when you visit wimborne the staff are friendly its cosy small and not too busy which I like you can find the book you want. sometimes it can be hard to support your local book shop because  of prices and the offers but I will buy a book from hear as a treat and it is a treat to buy a book from my fave book shop when I step outside I feel pride that I am keeping my local book shop open and it makes me understand that in the age of the internet book shops are important its were you go for peace and quiet to browse the books to have a chat with the staff to go in and breath in the book smells i love Gulliver's as its a walk away from were i live I am looking forward to going in again and looking for my next book.

Links
Gulliver's Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/GulliversBookshop?fref=ts
Website
http://www.gulliversbookshop.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment