Wednesday 28 August 2013

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
By: Stephanie Meyer (Author of the Twilight Saga)
No of Pages: 178
Fave Quote: "I watched his body change. He crouched on the roof, one hand gripping the edge. All that strange friendliness disappeared, and he was a hunter, That was something I recognized, Something I was comfortable with because I understood it" 
The Blurb: Bree Tanner can barely remember life before she had uncannily powerful senses, superhuman reflexes and unstoppable physical strength. Life before she had a relentless thirst for blood... life before she became a vampire.
All Bree knows is that living with her fellow newborns has a few certainties and even fewer rules: watch your back, don't draw attention to yourself and, above all, make it home by sunrise or die. What she doesn't know: her time as an immortal is quickly running out.
Then Bree finds an unexpected friend in Diego, a newborn just as curious as Bree about their mysterious creator, whom they know only as her. As they come to realize that the newborns are pawns in a game larger than anything they could have imagined, Bree and Diego must choose sides and decide whom to trust. But when everything is based on a lie, how do you find the truth?

I will start by saying I am not mad keen on tie in novels to a series. I loved Bree in Eclipse and I just felt that this story ruined my back story that I had in my head. In saying that it was a lovely short read the book gives you more information on the Newborn vampires and what they got up to to get ready for the fight with the Cullen's at the the end of Eclipse. The book introduces us to Fred Diego Bree and the other newborn vampires I love finding and reading about new/established architectures in books but for me as a reader it was hard a reader to form a relationship and get to attached to the new caricatures as what happens at the end of eclipse is inevitable. apart from Bree who narrates the book I loved Fred as he just keeps himself to himself you don't really know what Fred's special ability as a vampire is during the book as no one seems to notice him at all  and he does read a  lot on the sidelines. During the book Bree forms a close bond with Diego and the way she talks towards the end there was a beginnings of a relationship even though I did want Fred and Bree to get together. Because you know what happens to the Newborns in Eclipse (if you haven't read Eclipse I wont ruin the end for you) if you have read Eclipse you know what i am on about this book just felt like a chore to get through and it seemed to drag on a bit as there is not really much action towards the end of the book and i felt the book jumped from one thing to another. Because Bree was narrating it felt odd someone else having that role as if you like me have read this book after you have read breaking dawn that it just feels wired not having Bella narrate all the way through I kind of missed that. it was interesting getting Brees perspective when she meets Bella and the Cullen's and its a shame the book ends the way it does as Bree could of so easily of been a member of that family. The ending is sad but not that shocking and yes there are references to Eclipse so if you haven't read the Twilight series yet then please do as this book does mention the Cullen Voultori etc.
I loved Reading the Twilight saga and this book is a just a extra chapter that you didn't get in Eclipse so if you love that extra chapter then this book will perfect for you or if you wanted to know what the Newborns got up to. 

I give this Book a Vamptastic 5/10 purely because we get extra information and I loved Brees development throughout the book.

(Let me know what you though about The Short Second life of Bree Tanner or if you enjoyed the Twilight saga books leave a comment below Bye for now)



No comments:

Post a Comment