Thursday 5 September 2013

The Boy who fell to earth

The Boy Who Fell To Earth

By: Kathy Lette
The Blurb: Meet Merlin. He's Lucy's bright, beautiful son- who just happens to be autistic.
Since Merlin's father left them in the lurch shortly after his son's diagnosis, Lucy has made Merlin the center of her world. Struggling with the joys and tribulations of raising her eccentrically adorable yet challenging child (if only Merlin came with operating instructions), Lucy doesnt't have room for any other man in her life. 

By the time Merlin turns ten, Lucy is seriously worried that the Pope might start ringing her up for tips on celibacy, so resolves to dip a poorly pedicured toe back into the world of dating. Thanks to Merlin's candor and quirkiness, things don't go quite to plan... Then, just when  Lucy's resolved to a life of singledom once more, Archie the most imperfectly perfect man for her and her son lands on her doorstep. But then so does Merlin's father, begging for forgiveness and a second chance. Does Lucy need a real father for Merlin- or a real partner for herself?
Fave Qoute:"I wanted our son to have a name which would make him stand out in crowd, something out of the ordinary to mark him as different. Well not in my wildest imaginings could I have known how different my son would turn out to be"
Number of pages: 321

Review: 


I am giving this book 3 stars I enjoyed this book even though Chic lit is not my fave genre but I loved the premise of the book single mum struggling to bring up her Autistic son I don't think has been done before I certainty enjoyed it as is saw some of me in Merlin and I for one who also has Aspgers the struggle to live with the condition is a hard one and i could understand were Merlin is coming from I loved his quotes he good some really good one liners aseptically when it came to the subject of sex lol. I didn't really like Lucy she came across as a mum who really didint want Merlin to do anything of himself but it was funny when she started dated other men and the reaction to Merlin was funny hard to date when your son doesn't quite get it and her struggle to teach Merlin the Social Rule. and don't get me started on Jeremy Merlin's father actually don't get me started. all in all a good read and a good insight into Autism and the Struggle that any parents/family face was well documented. I would certainty recommend it to people who want something different from this Genre.

Sorry about the short review i found this book very hard to review just didn't know what to make of it enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment