Sunday 16 March 2014

RHIReviews Stormbreaker By Anthony Horowitz

Stormbreaker 

By: Anthony Horowitz
My Edition Published in: 2005
Published By:Walker Books
Number of Pages: 236
Favorite Quote: "Killing is for grown-ups and your're still a child."
The Blurb: When his guardian dies in suspicious circumstances fourteen year old Alex Rider finds his world turned upside down. 
Within days he's gone from school boy to super spy forcibly recruited into MI6, Alex has to take part in grueling SAS training exercises; then, armed with his own special set of secret gadgets, he's off on his first mission. But Alex soon finds himself in mortal danger. it looks as if his first assignment may well be his last....
My Thoughts
Wow Alex Rider is Brilliant. I adored this book what a Brilliant first book to the Series fast paced, Action filled and that's the first couple of chapters. This book was a Reread for me I first read this book/Series way back in year 9 and fell in love with the plot the chractures and the series as a whole so what's Storm breaker about. Meet Alex he is 14 year old living in London with his American guardian and in the first couple of pages Alex's world is turned upside down and he finds out is Uncle Ian Rider has died in a Mysterious circumstances and Alex goes and investigates his death and it leads him to MI6 were he finds out that his uncle was in fact a spy and Mr Blunt kind of forces Alex to go on a mission to Cornwall to investigate Herod Sayle and his Stormbreaker Computers. Before Alex goes he gets equipped with cool gadgets disguised as a game boy and computer game gadgets and it was this part that drew me in when I was age 14 the everyday things that can be turned into cool spy gadgets I loved that bit and so wished that my game boy was a high tech xray machine or that my zit cream tube was a cream to put on metal to escape. Alex goes to Cornwall and meets the very evil and sadistic Herod Sayle and Mr Grin and Nadia Vole and from the off Alex has to deal with the fact that this man ordered to kill his uncle. Alex gets to test the storm breaker computer. Alex gets into trouble several times and gets into very dangerous situations and I like that sense of danger that he faces when taking up this mission. I don't want to say too much because i don't want to spoil the book too much I loved the ending I didn't see it coming and i can not wait to read what happens to Alex in the next book it obvious MI6 is not letting him go in the future. I loved the Charctures and I can not wait to explore them in future books and to refresh my mind. This is a great first book to kick off the series and I for one can not wait to read the next book. a spy tastic 5/5 stars :)
My Review on BookTube 
http://youtu.be/J8O3RKWuQWY
Buy The Book and Support my Blog
 http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/?a_ai...
Follow Me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/rosieballoon
Good Reads
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4582985-rhiannon
Thank you and have a lovely evening
Rhiannon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment