Sunday 8 September 2013

The Night Circus

The Night Circus
By: Erin Morgenstern
Number of Pages: 490
Blurb:  The Circus Arrives without warning 
No announcements precede it...
It is simply there, When yesterday it was not.
Fave Quote: "What kind of Circus is only open at night?"

How Do I describe this book? The answer you can't really you need to read it to make your mind up for me after I finished this book my mind was blown. I have never read anything so engaging and dream like in my reading experience ever. Erin Morgenstern wrote this book in a dream like way she wrote the circus so precisely in the book you are Reading from how the Circus starts and how its started to who is picked to be part of the circus and why and when its up and running to the end when its in danger of ending. The Caricatures in this book are so brilliant and there plots and development are very detailed its hard to keep up. You have Celia and Marco who as children have been trained to take part in this challenge and are trained in the art of illusion to take part in a duel and have been told that only one can live there story in this book is so compelling and lovely and there relationship is honest and these 2 caricatures drive the book forward and keep you wanting more. Then you have Bailey a normal boy who discovers the Circus because he has been dared to get something Bailey is your way in to the Circus he guides you and from his eyes you get to meet Poppet and Widget the Twins and they form a close friendship with Bailey. The twins are awesome and as caricatures make a wonderful double act.
It took me a while to read this book and its not a book you can rush through it takes time to read and digest what you have read i think as a reader you do need to get a copy read it once and then twice to appreciate and savor every morsel and to let your imagination work overtime while reading this well thought out Novel. This Novel is set in the late 1800s early 1900s and the historical accuracy is brilliant. I think this book will stay with me forever and will deffiantley be my reading highlight of 2013. I look forward to reading more of Morgensterns work in the future. This book gets a Spellbinding 5/5 stars. 

If you enjoyed the Night Circus do let me know I hope you enjoyed this review :)

No comments:

Post a Comment